Architectural Services in Clinton, NJ
Architectural Services: ETA uses a stepped design and development approach. This ensures that every project exceeds client expectations and upholds my commitment to design excellence.
- Consultation - A no cost one hour consultation is the first step in any project. This serves as an introductory meeting where thoughts and ideas are freely exchanged and a general scope of work is developed. A proposal for design services is then produced which outlines the scope of work, describes the architectural services required and outlines the fee.
- Evaluation of Existing Conditions - A visit is made to your premises where your existing conditions are examined, measured and documented. Plans & Elevations are then created.
- Preliminary Design - A meeting is held to discuss the ideas and the needs of every client. Photos and magazine article clippings are a helpful way to convey the ideas and designs that you like. A zoning and code analysis is completed to see how your site can be developed and then preliminary design drawings are produced to start the design process.
- Design Development -The architect's creativity is used to refine the design to meet client needs. Additional details are discussed such as lighting, electrical requirements, finishes, cabinetry, etc. A "ballpark" budget is produced as well.
- Construction Documents - Through construction documents are developed to facilitate ease of construction and to eliminate expensive construction change orders and errors. Such plans require sufficient time for through design and detailing. Our plans ensure that every facet of your project is throughly understood thereby minimizing problems during construction. These documents include: Dimensioned and noted floor plans, exterior elevations, sections and details, window & door specifications, lighting and electrical information and general construction specifications. At the completion of this phase, the your project will be ready for bidding, permits and construction.
- Construction Phase -Contractor recommendations are made for you to bid your project. ETA has close collaboration with local builders to ensure that the design intent is carried through to completion. ETA is available to answer all questions, concerns and to address any issues that may arise during the construction process. Site visits are also made to inspect the construction progress at many milestones. Such milestones are footing, foundation, framing, sheetrock and finishing aspects of the project.